• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a reservior

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

covana2244

Hi I need a reservior but I have no room in my case and I don't wan't anything too big and clunky what can I do? Is there any good tutorials on how to build one?
Thanks for any help.

HERE is an easy to build, cheap, and effective external reservior tutorial.

I like DIY better than store-bought myself. Anyone can wield a credit card, but building things with your own hands is far more satisfying.

Diggrr said:
HERE is an easy to build, cheap, and effective external reservior tutorial.

I like DIY better than store-bought myself. Anyone can wield a credit card, but building things with your own hands is far more satisfying.

Nice link diggrr! Nice effective res. yet not expensive, unlikely to leak if made properly, and scaleable. Only con that I see is it is a little unsightly IMHO.

sunrunner20 said:
Only con that I see is it is a little unsightly IMHO.

True, but picture it in polished copper....mmmm.

It would help some in heat dissipation too. If the case has positive pressure airflow, you could add some holes in the case back-wall to give it some airflow. Not a big help, but every little bit counts if you have a smallish rad...

you could always use one of these: Carlon 4 x 4 x 4 Molded Junction Box
or this one might fit in Bay like a 5 1/4 bay res: Carlon 4 x 4 x 2 Molded Junction Box

These can hold some pumps have no holes, except what you drill, and are waterproof.
I have been using the 4X4X4 for a long time, and have had no problems with it at all. Just use some common sense when adding barbs and such and I am sure it will serve its purpose for some time.

Edit Addition: this Thread here has pics of a 4X4X4 in use simular to what I do.

Last edited:
Maybe this is a little off topic, and not what you want to hear, but are you sure you need a res? If you don't have much room it just adds extra bulk. I was a big res fan until I actually used a t-line, and I've been a t-line fan since. :) To each his own, of course, but in my opinion, considering space restrictions, a t-line is a nice, clean, low resistance way of filling and bleeding.

Back