• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help With Finding A Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I thought one would be wise to keep inside the 80% performance. Admittedly, only something I've read.
I see what you mean now. ;)

Nobody should run it at 100%, indeed. But they (quality units) CAN output 100% of spec'd value. Often people subtract the efficiency rating from the output, which is what I though you were trying to convey. Canned systems like that have enough power to run what's in them, but typically not much more. A fair warning!

Anyway, thanks for sharing! :)

You might want to double-check that the Thermalright cooler will fit in this case. You didn't list which model you are looking at but the case only allows for 54 mm tall coolers.

Already checked, so it is good.
In addition to using the Thermalright AXP90-X47 all copper cooler together with the Noctua black chromax 92mm fan, I noticed that Noctua is also selling a product called 'NOCTUA NA-FD1', which are foam rings for their 92mm fan. I can just glue them on, as the special Noctua pins won't fit the Thermalright cooler. The foam rings create a canal outwrds that helps prevent recycling old hot air from inside the case.

Awesome! I think the OP chose his case, built the machine and is upgrading it now.

If you want to share more (we'd like that too), start up a thread @QuantumCookie

if you want a bit more PSU head room, run a pico-psu on the board. then run a Y connector so only the case psu turns on at the same time. that way the pico psu runs the board only, then the main psu runs the rest.

Back