• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ memory problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScoobaMikey

Registered
I recieved my package from newegg on friday excited as can be, take my single stick of corsair xms out, and looked at the sparkle over the ocz plat rev 2 2x512 memory that was replacing it.
OK, I put the memory in bank 1, and bank 3 of my NF7-s rev 2
boots up i go into my bios, and i set the FSB to 200 and mem timings of 2,2,2,5 sotck at 2.6volts to start with. Then i pop in my memtest86 3.2 boot cd to test these things out at just stock. It failed on test 5?
So, I leave everything the same and bumb up to 2.8 volts,
mem test again....and gets to
pass 84%
Test 25%
Test #8
time 23:48 and locks up??
so...I try bumping to 2.9 volts
once again...SAME exact place and time, test #8, and 23:48 locks up

My System is a AMD-XP mobile 2500+ that i had stable at 12x200 on the corsair.

Any suggestions would be of help, I know the OCZ guys stick around the board and figured they could be of help. Ill try downloading and burning another copy of memtest86 when i get home.

Umm What bois are you using? Also have you tried clearing your cmos and then putting the new sticks in? Also what was your previous memory running at? What slots, are you running DC, try changing slots or running single as you may have a bum stick

Vengance_01 said:
Umm What bois are you using? Also have you tried clearing your cmos and then putting the new sticks in? Also what was your previous memory running at? What slots, are you running DC, try changing slots or running single as you may have a bum stick

Exactly what I was going to suggest :clap:

You shouldn't be running into CPC problems at this speed, but if you cant get it working at 2-2-2-11 (don't use tras of 5 on NF2 it's slower) give 2.5-3-3-11 a shot to see if it helps. Let me know and we'll get you going :)

well I just got home, and i had been able to get into windows with it earlier in the day at those timings i posted, and tonight it started crapping out when i loaded anything and finally started rebooting, then wouldnt post so i took a stick out, and well things just didnt get better so I pulled them out and threw my corsair stick back in, just so i could get online.

As i explained in my first post, I had the OCZ in slot 1 (nearest CPU) and slot 3
(farthest from CPU) in order to run Dual channel.
I am running D26 Taipan by Merlin
The Singlex512 Corsair XMS CL@ stick was running 200mhz@ 2.5,3,3,8 with 2.9volts selected in the bios.

I'll turn it off, clear the cmos and start from scratch again and let you know the results.

Ok.just got back home and it hung up again when running memtest.
I cleared the cmos jumper, and reinstalled the OCZ memory in slot 1 and 3
After letting the memtest run again, this is the message i came back to
It hung at
Pass 92%
Test 65 %
Test #8
Wall time 0:27:59
timings were 200mhz@ 2-2-2-5 @2.8volts

and then it said
Test #7 Pass 0
Failing Address 00013405310 303.3mb
Good 01e7ab14
Bad 05e7ab14
Err-Bit 04000000 Count 1

Im gonna change the memory timings from 2-2-2-5 as suggested and run again

Alrighty...same setup but now 200 @ 2-2-2-6
Still failing out
Pass 88%
Test 46 %
Test #8
Wall time 0:27:13
But no errors showed up before it locked up this time.

Ill bump timings to 2-2-2-11 now to try

Ok..since last post, I did 2-2-2-11 @ 200mhz at 2.8 volts
Hanged again , Pass 92%, Test 65%, Test #8 Walltime 0:27:59

then i backed all the way to 2.5,3,3,11
Locked up again...Pass 80%, Test 5%, Test #8 Wall time 0:25:43

Im at a loss of what to do...im gonna check each stick individually,
then as a last resort ill throw my corsair stick back in to check my memtest cd.

Thanks for the help steve, I wanted to follow up and let you know my results of the latest tests
I went ahead and pulled both sticks out, moved the stick i had in slot 3 to slot 1, and memtest @200 2-2-2-5 2.8 volts completed the first pass in 31 minutes no problem.

Then I took that stick out and put just the single stick i had in slot 1 back in slot 1 to test in memtest @200 2-2-2-5 2.8volts also.
It finally completed a full pass this time, but did throw up an error
Test #7, Pass 1 Failing address 00009a02990 - 154.1mb
Good - 21660a0d
Bad - 25660a0d
Err. Bits 04000000 Count 1

Im gonna go ahead and RMA, and hopefully we can get all this worked out soon.
Thanks everyone for the assistance

yeppers, Im gonna send them in..but till then im testing this single stick out...so far with memtest'ing it...stable all the way to 223 @ 2-2-2-5, 225 threw up 3 errors...
So im pretty impressed with it..would be nice if i could get a matching stick for this one steve :)
Im gonna relax the timings some and play with it somemore tonight before sendning it back.

Back