• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with Send/receive in Outlook2003 running on WindowsXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sudsub

I have been experiencing unexpected problems in Outlook2003 running on Windows XP for the past week. This problem started all of a sudden and the symptoms are as follows:
Everytime I hit the Send/receive button in Outlook, I get the following message in a dialog box : "You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation". As a result, I have not been able to send/ receive any mails from my Outlook Inbox. Microsoft was not of much help since they have never seen such an error! I reinstalled Outlook2003 and that did not help. I created an alternate user profile and it did not resolve the problem either.
I have been running Office2003 for the past year without a problem. The only changes to my machine have been installing Norton Systemworks 2005 and Norton ISS2005 in the past week (upgrading from the existing 2004 versions)
Any help in getting this resolved would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Sudsub

The only thing I can think of suggesting other than the creation of a new profile, under Control Panel-->Mail (which it appears as you've already tried) would be checking the settings under the Tools menu | Send/Receive | Send/Receive Settings-->Define Send/Receive Groups | Click the Send/Receive Group that you want to check/configure, and then click Edit (by default the All Accounts group is created.)

Also, if you haven't already installed SP1 for Office 2003...you can download it from the following Office site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A6-7CB1-4F61-837E-5F938254FC47&displaylang=en

...or from Office Update here:

http://office.microsoft.com/search/redir.aspx?AssetID=ES790020331033&Origin=HH011412501033&CTT=5

Last edited:
Back