• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to join mp3's together

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
i have a book on tape and its over a few cd's

i want convert it to mp3 so i can listen to it on my car mp3 player

i would like to rip them of the cd into mp3 format and then "stich" them all together.

any suggestions

Well, if they kept the sound effects to a minimum you should get quite a good amount of compression. The spoken word is like that in MP3 format. So let's say that you have 600Mb on a CD and that compresses to 200MB. Now if you have a good amount of RAM in your system, you can cut and paste into whatever audio editor you use.

Disclaimer:
I have never tried that with such a large file but I have used a few different proggies to cut and paste bits together for my answering machine. And if I read you right, you are going to end up with one huge file that may not work in your car due to limited resources.

cool

i found a program on source fordge and i have a gig of ram so im going to see what i can do

Back