• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 3500+ and DFI Lanparty UT NF4 board, now what memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PineappleMonkey

Registered
What memory would you recommend for this setup?

CPU: 3500+ 939 cpu
Motherboard: DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra D
Video card: X800XL (whenever it comes in stock)
PSU: Altech 550W true power.

Many, MANY thanks in advance :)

~Piney :)

Last edited:
the gskill LE is the best around at the moment for high htt i hear, its garunteed 300 mhz with 2-4-4-11 timings or somin

I havnt heard anything about a guarantee of 300mhz at cas 2 that would be awesome if remotely possible, but they do guarantee their memory up to 275mhz at cas 2.5

Dragonprince said:
Dont waste your money on super fast/ super expensive ram. Buy some of this and run the divider of you want to go past 200 on the bus..
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=20-145-440&DEPA=1

This is why.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=1475190&enterthread=y

Thanks for that link Dragonprince. Very interesting read and now I'm probably going to rethink my future rig in which I was going to get the Gold Vx's. Maybe I'll just stay with my current memory.

Interesting read, but wont easily convince those of us that had an OC limited by value ram.

ONE said:
Interesting read, but wont easily convince those of us that had an OC limited by value ram.

That's the whole point of the article and testing done, ram does not have anything to do with your OC. If your talking about OCing ram then you failed to read the test results, 290 Mhz TCCD was no better than pc3200 @ 200-250 using dividers...the whole article is about people buying 300 dollar ram and getting 1% performance increase over value ram using dividers. No one likes to admit they got suckered on buying anything...

Much thanks for that link on the ram Dragonprince. Tea, I JUST saw XL's are everywhere now, but I have till the 10th (three days) till my motherboard comes in, so it's either wait a few weeks till the hype calms down and just build everything else, or spend $100 more for the ATI card :( Oi ....

if you could wait, dell has the XL for 299$ preorder, you could probably get a better deal with a coupon too

to some it may be a waste of money to get $$$ ram, but to others it is worth it, to some $100 is a good night of drinking with a buddy to others its the week's gas/food money, some overplay the performance difference some underplay it, i was under the impression from this thread that there was close to 0% increase before reading the review, do i feel suckered for getting my ram? hardly, would any of you guys with valueram mind do a straight up trade with me? ;) 100$ was well worth it for scratching my OCing itch, lets not get our personal opinions and situations get in the way of helping someone else choose something for THEM

Last edited:
bobmanfoo said:
to some it may be a waste of money to get $$$ ram, but to others it is worth it, to some $100 is a good night of drinking with a buddy to others its the week's gas/food money, some overplay the performance difference some underplay it, i was under the impression from this thread that there was close to 0% increase before reading the review, do i feel suckered for getting my ram? hardly, would any of you guys with valueram mind do a straight up trade with me? ;) 100$ was well worth it for scratching my OCing itch, lets not get our personal opinions and situations get in the way of helping someone else choose something for THEM

My opinion isnt what I posted bobmanfoo, myself I bought overpriced ram a few months back so I could run the absolute tightest timings possible. Was it worth it? Probably not, considering the future lies with DDR2. The reason I posted the links was to inform people that buying super hi speed ram is not the only option on the table. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for, but twice the price for a 5% difference doesnt make much sense...

If you have the time, I'd suggest picking up some good ol' BH-5 from the classifides in here. You will most definitely get a decent price!

Good Luck with your build.

Back