• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best "Performace" CPU and Memory (RAM) and SSD setup for my New Gaming Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As I just said, you cannot R0 on that board. Regardless, in 6 months, it most certainly still will be overkill. It will be in 3 years too. You can load ultra fast in multiplayer gaming............ and just sit and wait for others to join. Your call, your money. But you really are not future proofing anything going with R0 M.2 NVMe SSDs. Just spending double the money for little reason. I have a Samsung 950 and OCZ RD 400, there is no way I will need anything more for years to come.

I understand what you mean by not wanting to upgrade, but if you get a 512 M.2, and then a regular SSD, You should be plenty fine on that.

Run your OS and main games on the M.2 and throw the rest on the SSD and you will have no issues at all and have twice the storage for the
same price.

M.2 in raid 0 is overkill now, will be in 6 months, 2 years, 5 years (well, no, actually, in 5 years there will be a new tech slamming it for half the price...).

You will have to upgrade sometimes, there is nothing like future proofing in this industry.

What you pay loads of money today will be worth peanuts in a couple of years... Your choice and money though! ;)

Back