• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is better: AdAware or Spybot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hyundai

Registered
Like the title says, which is better AdAware or Spybot? I've used AdAware and it is good but is it worth switching to Spybot to get a better AntiSpyware or would that be a step in the wrong direction?

Use both. They both have their own advantages and disadvantages. I once Ran ad aware on a system and found about 2000 programs. I then ran spybot which found another ~200.

I've used both, and there is a lot of stuff neither of them will catch. I'd say download the Microsoft Spyware beta program. Found like 39 thins neither of the others could.

threeme2189 said:
isnt 4 spyware programs an itty bit OVERKILL?!?!?!
man i use the 2 mentioned above and they do a great job...

You are forgetting that some do different things. an example is spyware blaster which only sits there and blocks known spyware from being ale to infect you. Adaware, spysweeper and spybot are scanners that pick up stuff the others misss. I also use my hosts file to keep a lot of stuff from getting to my system. Spybot has a good hosts file to use. Spybot also has an imunize feature. Each of these products are part of the defense against spyware. So using 4+ programs is not overkill and still probably lets some spyware sit on your system:eek:

Back