• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Proof xp pro still phones.... SOMEONE.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dippy_skoodlez

sp2isgay0sn.jpg

This is a copy of windows XP pro taht had SP1 integrated, and once installed, windows update was DISABLED, as seen in the picture.

Where those come from? :confused: This install is from before sp 2 came out, the cd is even older... i have NEVER run windows update.

Noones safe from windows XP phoning.... someone. :eek:

Talk about close! This window version of the Automatic Updates tab comes packaged with SP2. I do not know however, the actual individual update that does this. I suspect that it has been named something along the lines of 'windows update'...

I think your smokin crack. That screen only shows up after you run windows update. Its not defaulted in SP2 or the network install of SP2. Maybe your copy has it. Some OEM's have extra stuff thrown in. It never appears on the machines I have built until after I run windows update. And you can tell your computer where to get updates from. For example at work I have WUS set up and the computers get updates from it after I approve them.

Ebola said:
I think your smokin crack. That screen only shows up after you run windows update. Its not defaulted in SP2 or the network install of SP2. Maybe your copy has it. Some OEM's have extra stuff thrown in. It never appears on the machines I have built until after I run windows update. And you can tell your computer where to get updates from. For example at work I have WUS set up and the computers get updates from it after I approve them.

This is an install from the windows XP cd I have, and I slipstreamed SP1 into a long time ago-- since then, once I installed, disabled the windows update, and havent touched it since....

The OEM cd i use didnt even have SP1 in it... and SP1 was integrated well, well before sp2 was even beta. :confused:

Back