• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo problem =/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killerkid

Hey guys. Ive got a lil bit of a problem. If my pc is on, and running in windows, or bios or anything, if its ON and posting, i cant plug anything in without it crashing. Ethernet cable = crash, keyboard = crash, headphones = crash, etc. The only way i can get these items to work is by plugging them in before i turn on my pc. Why?

Also, i just reinstalled windows os, anyone know why it keeps wanting me to boot with the cd?

do you still have the CD in the drive when you're booting? If you take it out, does it still ask you to boot from CD? if so, boot from the CD, go to recovery console, type in "Fixboot", "Fixmbr", and maybe bootcfg if the first 2 don't work.

as for the other 2, perhaps it is a grounding issue. assemble the comp outside of the case, and try.

im currently trying the fixboot, fixmbr etc now.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "crashing". BSOD? Instant poweroff? Reboot? My initial thought would also be grounding, if the issue your having is rebooting or instant poweroff. Actually, I supppose it could be for other issues too. Why not decribe in a little more detail what happens, and then look for a grounding problem while you wait for replys?

Maybe try it with the motherboard out of the case and the bare minimum installed. Do you still get problems? What about when booting from a Knoppix CD?

Back