• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7D Onboard USB Header

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IFMU

The Xtreme Senior Nobody
Just got a new case and it has the USB in the front, I want to hook up the USB but am unsure where it connect it!

Anyone willing to assist a bit? Tell me where it actually goes? Not sure what happened to my manual and have had issues trying to get it downloaded...

So ah yea, anyone willing to help a bit?

I have never used the headers for USB just the standard onboard USB or a USB Card.
So where do I connect this thing?!

Thanks

IFMU

when i get home tonight i will take a pic or 2 for you

Last edited:
Excellent shot, exactly what I was needing!!

Tons of thanks!!!

k7dusb.jpg

Something I found out (sorry to steal your pic Rpkole, btw) about the front chieftec usb is that you need to remove a fifth brownish wire that would be located in the above purple spot (white is unused) otherwise it won't recognize anything plugged in, it just locks the usb ports up.

Last edited:
Thats odd, Ive been running without a hiccup really since I got that shot from him. Sometimes it looks like the usb is a bit slow, but never locks up.

IFMU said:
Thats odd, Ive been running without a hiccup really since I got that shot from him. Sometimes it looks like the usb is a bit slow, but never locks up.

Sorry, locks up was a bad term for it. That wire shorts out the ports where none of them would work for me (including the back), and if something was plugged in, that too would get shut off. So I removed that wire... :cool:

Hmm, interesting. Hasnt happened to me, but guess it could be a problem though. Wonder if anyone else has had that happen?

Back