• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do u feel with ur PC??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mud

does any of u have this feeling.. something like the relation between the rider and his horse.. u know that ur pc wont let u down when u need it.. its like nobody can work well on this pc cuz u tamed it.. and u cant work in comfort on any other computer cuz its not urs..

do u feel with ur computer?? i definitly do.. :)

Love hate relationship here, but yeah a bit. Partly cos I bought a special keyboard which takes a while to type on, but you get much better ppm if you do (no one else can use my computer easily, and I take a couple of mins to type properly on other peoples)

Yea I have the love thing going for my rig. After all the money I put in to it and the time, how could you not love it. Also I hate when people use my rig.

At the risk of sounding like the biggest dork on earth, I would describe my relationship with my computer like that between "Han Solo" and "The Millenium Falcon". It's actually not that uncommon, I get like this with cars and anything else I build and maintain with my own two hands. Matter of fact, I was just watching a show the other day on WWII planes, and they were talking about how the pilots would grow fond of one particular plane, and they would almost be cuthroat about it when someone else flew it.

I am the only user on my computer and I just lock it even when I am going to the bathroom. Whoever touches it is up for an *** kicking. Although its starting to play games now and I am hating it.

musawi said:
I just lock it even when I am going to the bathroom. Whoever touches it is up for an *** kicking.

How many people do you live with where you need to lock the PC for a bathroom break?!?!

I deffintaly cannot work on other PCs as well. I have my pc set up perfetcly for me. Right when my pc starts so does Internet and Winamp. All my icons are in perfect spot. I go to my school and I am like why this pc sucks. I dont hav a bond where it wotn screw up on me. I definatly screws up on me. Though we have been through a lot togather which will make me sad when it goes.

I have that feeling, not to that extent but something like it. I can't work on someone else's computer as efficiently as if I were on my own. It's not set up to my liking and usually other people's computers have lots of junk that slow it down, not to mention they are like 1.4 P4s and 800mhz P3s with 128megs of RAM struggling with XP.

I've got nothing but respect for my computer. If I push it too far it'll let me know. I keep inching it up on the overclock, if it doesn't want to go higher it'll just go and lay down, but if I overclock it with respect and go slow it'll keep asking for more. I guess you just have to respect your equipment when you overclock. Anyone else have that kind of attitude towards overclocking?

Yes there is another thing. My pc is a old 868 p3 but I was just over at my friends hows his pc is something like 2.3 ghz and it can barley run security apps with winamp, firefox, and photoshop at once. I never have lag on mine. Oh and if you must choose go with the pc it will never leave you.

if you give your computer a name...and you build it yourself...of course you're going to be attached to it

and yes, i'm very attached to cobalt

i'm very attached to vanguard... and I hope to spend many years modding together....

nobody can use my comp but me... it's not that I don't let them it's that the comp rejects them and acts slow but it seems that when I'm on that I get a sense that my comp is trying to impress me...

I know that there will come a time when the comps outdated and I will have to build another but I always find good homes for my computers...

rebelwarlock said:
if you give your computer a name...and you build it yourself...of course you're going to be attached to it

and yes, i'm very attached to cobalt

*Looks at Avatar*

If that is not you, I think you may have some competition for your cobalt...

I have also noticed when I am not on my pc it messes up a lot. Something as simple as typing something. It will look fine in abi and print all funky. This never happens when I am on.

i have the love/hate with mine
i hate her when she is being a pain in the ***, i tend to curse at her (yes its a women and so are ships and planes dont hate) saying things like "RENDER FASTER GODDAMN IT!!!!!"
i love her when she is being extra good, like going nice and fast and staying cool
and i hate seing other people use my computer, it makes me angry, so i hover and they go away
and i love her double when i use another comp and its slow

EDIT:
to^^^ that happens to me too, things somehow magicaly fix themselves when i type and not my family, i really dont know why but it rox :attn:

sometimes i feel sorry for my pc... because of all the evil things i do to it
but right now... im depresses, cause my mom stole my monitor :cry:

Back