• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a pioneer digital cable box.. it has USB. what is it for

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

__Game_Start__

Disabled
like the title says,, whats the usb port in the back of my pioneer for ? i tried using a usb cable to link to my comp (i thought maybe the box could be used as an external tuner) no detection

Like TiVo?

If it's like my TiVo, Then the usb port would be for a wireless adapter (for internet). My TiVo uses it for geting updates. Or If (probaly) your so called "Cable Box" has a IR Remote, It [The USB Port] could be for a RF Remote upgrade.

TiVo Rocks :attn:

http://www.anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=2349&p=3

In April of last year, the FCC mandated that all cable boxes must come with a FireWire port if requested by the consumer. The ruling came based on an interpretation of Section 304 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. The ruling is also affected by another FCC mandate, in which all electronic devices capable of recording content must recognize and respect a broadcast bit that determines how the content can be shared across multiple devices.

Back