• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

INtel won't be releasing a P-M Desktop Chipset. So what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elif Tymes

No, I'm not saying the P-M is not a amazing chip. I heart that chip, I covet it in my sleep.

But Intel made a drastic move recently,and guess what it was?

Nvidia.

Nvidia is going to be making intel Chipsets now. What does that mean?

JUST because Intel said they won't be making a Chipset for the P-M with High FSB/Dual Channel capabilities, whats to stop NVidia?

If they're smart(and usually, they can smell profits halfway decently) we may be able to see them make a Intel NForce 4 SLI Chipset with the Pentium-m.

Course, this is pure speculation, but I think they might pull it off. And I really hope they do.

It's possible the Alviso chipset could be adapted for desktop use. It's just not what it was meant for. ;)

Just like the Asus adaptor allows P-M's to be run in 865 and 875 chipset boards.

Nvidia is a possibility too, if they think they could turn a profit doing a P-M chipset.

Does anyone have any numbers on the kind of money it takes to adapt or develop a chipset?

This is referencing Aprils 12s article that says this...

A Useful Interview If you'd like some clues as to what Intel will do the next few years (things like socket changes, memory standards, how long PCI devices will work in new Intel machines), read this.

The links not working for me thoug

Elif Tymes said:
No, I'm not saying the P-M is not a amazing chip. I heart that chip, I covet it in my sleep.

But Intel made a drastic move recently,and guess what it was?

Nvidia.

Nvidia is going to be making intel Chipsets now. What does that mean?

JUST because Intel said they won't be making a Chipset for the P-M with High FSB/Dual Channel capabilities, whats to stop NVidia?

If they're smart(and usually, they can smell profits halfway decently) we may be able to see them make a Intel NForce 4 SLI Chipset with the Pentium-m.

Course, this is pure speculation, but I think they might pull it off. And I really hope they do.

Isn't Intel not happy about this? I didn't read the entire article, so forgive me if i'm wrong.

Back