• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So your looking for an AMD FX motherboard, things you need to know.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL ..... I was very tired ......:shock::rofl:

Yes the two temps are pretty close. Not sure if TEMPIN2 or TEMPIN3 is the socket temp as they were very close to each other right through the OC 600T case I used had already been modded for a 120mm exhaust fan behind the motherboard to help with socket temps but other then that I tried to keep this setup as close to an entry level system, though a good entry level system as I could.
Bassnut, have you had the 8150 on another motherboard? I'm just curious if the Cpu V on the Gigabyte board is around the same as on another? It's good to know that we may be able to add the UD3 back to the list of possible motherboards to use.

Yes I had this 8150 on both my CHV and Sabertooth. Not sure how good a comparison they would be as I had this chip on a custom loop with both those boards. I had the VCore set here at 1.475v and with LLC set to medium which bumped it to peak around 1.5v for this run and for full stability it needs a bit more as I had 2 cores drop off around an hour which is a bit high. This chip I had run up to 4.7 or 4.8 with better cooling with VCore around 1.524v but 4+hours prime stable. See pic bellow ..... this was with my CHV non z

attachment.jpg

So the voltage needed on the Gigabyte looks like it will be around the same, give or take a few volts, that's good. Thanks for posting this, it was getting hard to recommend a low priced board for an 8 series of late.

I posted a lot more thorough post in the AMD CPU section ...... hoping it helps some people.

Back