• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram suggestion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ayumi

Hello,

I am planning to get AMD 3200+ s939 with DFI Lan party nf4 ultra-d, I have no idea what ram should I get.

I do not plan to do any overclocking, i just want a stable computer :p

I love ayumi too :p

I don't get why people don't like value ram, is it OKAY to use if I don't do any overclocking? Is DFI mobo that picky about ram ?

I don't wanna waste 150 bucks to get a good ram and I don't even wanna do OC :(

I don't get how anyone can NOT overclock RAM hehe but if you do not plan on OCing, getting anything but value RAM is a waste of money.

CordialSpam said:
First of all..Welcome to the forums :)

Grab yoruself a Corsair VS cas 2.5 at egg for 88 bucks. I hightly reocmmend that ram..it is cheap and stable.

I will also agree...the Corsair value ram is a great set and honestly...can keep up with a lot of expensive memory at default up to around 210HTT or so...

So even if you do not plan on OCing now...with the Corsair value ram...it will still give you a small headroom later on if you do try to OC...

i'm running 1gb of corsair vs at 4-4-4-8 and i get ram errors after 5 minutes of memtest at even a hair over 200 (like, 202...) or even a hair under 190 (188). i don't know an awful lot about ram, but i would think that i'd be ok with 2.8-2.9 volts at 205mhz, but noooo.

i'd recommend going with something OTHER then value ram if you plan on overclocking at all. but if you're planning on making a nice, smooth, stable stock running machine, corsair value ram is reliable and CHEAP and will get the job done nicely

I'd pick up a gig of the <$100 gskill value ram. Can atleast give you 2-2-2 timings at stock 200mhz. Plus you'll get duel channel :D

Back