• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Extreme Performance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danky

Im looking around at memory for the computer i plan to build within the next few weeks. im planning on getting

3200+ venice
DFI ultra-d
ati x800xl

and for memory i was just wondering how this pair does to the other companies in this price range.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146355

i really dont wanna spend too much, 200 seemed decent to me, let me know what everyone thinks. Oh and overclocking, i plan to do some with my venice maybe get it up to 3500+.

I got a set of those last week from NewEgg. Unfortunately, in my MSI Neo2 Platinum, there is a bug in all revisions of the BIOS that limits the Vdimm to 2.70V (2.68V measured at the sockets) when you set the RAS# to CAS# to 2. The default SPD settings for these sticks is 2-2-2-6. At those setting and at 2.68Vdimm, on my machine, these sticks will not run at 200 Mhz (PC3200). In their defense, they do run at 250 Mhz 2.5-3-3-7, but because the RAS# to CAS# is 3, the BIOS allows the Vdimm to go up to 2.85V (2.82V at the sockets). So, without modding my Vdimm regulator circuit, or using an OCZ DDR Booster (which I don't like the form factor of), I have not been able to test these sticks at 200 Mhz 2-2-2-6.

All that, having been said. On your DFI ultra-d, I doubt you'll have this problem. From what I've seen, they are a good value. Once I mod my Vdimm regulator circuit, I'll get a chance to see how much higher they'll go.

Hoot

Hoot, there's a "fix" for that. Set VDIMM 2,85 and Trcd "3" instead of "2". Now boot to Windows, run A64 Tweaker, and select Trcd "2". Should work fine :)

That's a work-around not a fix. :)

Yes, I've done that, but it's just another thing to have to do when I start my machine. I've got to decide whether to keep these or send them back in the next day or two, since they don't work in my alleged 100% compatible motherboard per specification. Plain and simple.

Hoot

Back