• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adobe Photoshop CS2 with an AMD processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ascii2

How well does Adobe Photoshop CS2 perform on a computer with an AMD processor (also state the relative base used for comparison (a previous version, Intel, etc.))?

Well that depends greatly on what AMD processor you mean. Opteron, 64bit, 32bit etc.

I think that typically Intel scores better with Photoshop tests. I could be wrong though.

No doubt Adobe Systems Inc. favors (and has favored) Intel.

"Photoshop CS to run significantly slower than Photoshop 7.0 on Athlon XP and Athlon 64 hardware."
Maximum PC: http://www.maximumpc.com/reviews/software_apps/review_2004-03-08d.html

I have Adobe Photoshop 7 (it runs well on the 400 MHz Intel machine in my signature, Adobe's minimum system requirements are overrated).

In the past I used Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 on what had been my AMD Athlon (1.4 GHz (last model))/GeForce2 machine. In the past I did not percieve a net gain to upgrade to Photoshop CS2 from Photoshop 7 on the AMD machine. If a net gain exists to upgrade from Photoshop 7 to Photoshop CS2, I may upgrade to Photoshop CS2.

I will eventually (hopefully soon if PC part prices drop) get an AMD64 machine.

Back