• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

outlook 2003 contacts problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gorilly

In outlook 2003 i am having some problems with the contacts linking to a new email.

All of my contacts show up when i click the contacts tab in the main outlook screen, yet when i want to write a new email and i click the 'to' button to choose my addresses, none of the contacts show up... all i get is a blank box. here is a picture of what happens.

anyone know how to get round this?

thanks!

I WILL UPLOAD THE PICTURE LATER AS PHOTOBUCKET IS DOWN FOR MAINTINANCE (lol how the hell do you spell maintance?!)

Open Outlook | "Tools" menu -->E-mail accounts | Select "View or change existing directories or address books", and click OK (if you don't see the OAB in the Directories and Address Books list, click the Back button, then select "Add a new directory or address book", then "Additional Address Books", and add the OAB.) | Then keep clicking Back until you get back to the first dialog box, and go back to the Directories and Address Books list as you did previously.

Once the OAB appears in the list, select it and then click Change to make sure the Contacts folder(s) you want to display are listed. If any of them aren't listed, you'll need to enable those Contacts folders as Outlook Address Books by right clicking the folder, selecting Properties, clicking the Outlook Address Book tab, and checking the "Show this folder as an E-mail address book" box. Make sure you restart Outlook after making these changes.

WOW you really know your wtuff when it comes to outlook.

Thanks a lot mate, it work and was easy to follow,

what do you do for a job?

Back