• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

there any benefit haveing rad outside case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leo5111

is there any temp benefit to haveing the rad outside the case?? just curious dont want to try if there is no chance of better temps to much disassembly and reassembly...lol

they are talking about mounting it "inside" computer case im talking about seting up the rad and its fan on top of computer case outside for better ventilation

If you want the best cpu temps, then mounting it on top probably wouldnt be the best unless you have some nice powerful fans like the panaflo and deltas

i have 2 panaflo highspeeds on the rad 1 pushing 1 pulling i thought it might help temps just because even though its watercooled there is other stuff in case generating heat like gpu card and harddrive

fdgsfgsfg.jpg

parts010.jpg

heres my all external system, benifts are if leaks occurs it will be out side :), more space inside of your case, less heat build up

it may lower temps if you have hot air in the case. But on the other hand radiator inside of the case suck out air from it as well, no extra fan needed

leo5111 said:
is there any temp benefit to haveing the rad outside the case?? just curious dont want to try if there is no chance of better temps to much disassembly and reassembly...lol

I had my rad outside the case and it really helped keep my case temps down, being aircooled again I really notice alot of heat coming out of the top vent.

Tim

Back