• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pci express cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elec999

I am just curious whats the reason why there is no pci express cards, other then video cards. For example a sound card, sata II controller that plugs into the pci express 1x.
I better rephrase this. Anyone ever seen a pci express card other then a video card. Also would the pci express overcome the bandwidth limitation of the pci at around 133megs.
Thanks

Last edited:
elec999 said:
I am just curious whats the reason why there is no pci express cards, other then video cards. For example a sound card, sata II controller that plugs into the pci express 1x.
I better rephrase this. Anyone ever seen a pci express card other then a video card.

I believe some motherboards have built-in PCI-E devices (eg gigabit ethernet).

Also would the pci express overcome the bandwidth limitation of the pci at around 133megs.
Thanks

Yes.

they will eventually but right now I don't think it would make any huge performance difference over the old PCI, until things start to get coded for the larger amount of bandwidth.

Back