• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vendor review: Jab-tech

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
first let me say this is not a finished review.

after many suggestions from other members to try this place out for the prices and the superb customer service.this was how i was finally convinced to try newegg 3 or 4 years ago for the first time.
i generally dont like trying new places to buy from.but after what i was told i knew i needed to find some place anyhow that would carry some specialized parts newegg doesnt carry.

THE SITE: rather easy to find what you need.the shopping cart doesnt hold your items for long and is erased everytime you close your browser,i use opera so may be an issue with that.
selection was great on case modding parts i needed that are hard for me to find.was limited on bigger ticket items but id say its more of a modders supply store which was what i was looking for.

SHIPPING: I was dumbfounded by the many options,really im used to fedex only.not only do you get to use usps pririty which is rather cheap but shipping costs only increase in small amounts after the intial item is added to the cart.
this can be a major savings when ordering many small parts.

PAYMENT:I used money order option,as i dont use a credit card.but i also noticed you can phone in orders if you dont like useing CC over the net.(some parents dont think the nets safe)

SERVICE:this may sound dumb but in all my years of ordering online ive never had to change an order,but wouldnt you know i needed to this time as a CCFL replacement tube i ordered wouldnt match my new interior paint i just bought.
i sent them an email asking about switching the color for me.from what i can see from the email responce it was a total of 11 minutes to get a responce!
not only was it NO problem john also further mentioned this was just a replacement tube and not a functioning kit.this would be an easy mistake for someone young or inexperianced.but i felt he was looking out for me none the less.

anyhow i ordered 3 items yellow psu cover,4 lazer led light and a replacement ccfl. small order imo but shipping was $3.85 usps priority for all 3 total.

ok so i expect this to take a week to get my stuff due to mailing a MO and packing and transit times,im used to the routine by now anyhow.

but i will put an ending on this thread when all is said and done.

now you may be asking "why does this deserve a thread?"
1.im hard as hell to convince to buy from new places on the net,especially when i get comfy at 1 place.if i felt the need or want to do it i think others should at least check it out and see why i did.
2.when a member has good news or bad news about anything oc related i feel compelled to write or read.
3.passing the <3

ScottinIndy said:
First class operation, Extremely fast processing and shipping. I would give them an A+
:thup:
they have awsome prices on certain items and their shipping is very, very reasonable. as you said 3.85 for priority for x amt of items :) (as cheap as it gets @ the post office!)

My last Jab-Tech order

Order date: July 1, 2005 Fri 7/1/2005 3:28 PM

Order Processed Jul 1, 2005 3:35:31 PM

Order Shipped Jul 1, 2005 3:50:31 PM

22 Minutes from ordering to the time it entered the USPS mail system. That's about the fastest I have ever seen!! :thup:

Less than an hour for processing my last order consisting of 5 items. Recieved in 2 days. It simply doesn't get better than that.

well i look forward to finishing this purchase so i can report back my experiance.
btw SSS is the ones who advised i try these this place.

I got mine the next day with regular shipping. Another A+.

I have been buying from them for a couple years now also, They are great! I just got 4 nexus fans and a xp-90 from them a couple weeks ago. Jab-tech, Newegg, and ZZF are about the only place's I order from anymore.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they require your credit card billing address to match your shipping address, or else they cancel your order. I'm a student and move around a fair amount, so my permanent billing address is my parents' house, which is in another state. I've had my order cancelled twice @ jab-tech, and just ended up ordering from SVC because their prices/selection were almost identical. Jab-tech has a great site, great prices, and great service, though. I just wish they made it a little easier for people like me to order.

I bet there is a Jab-Tech Guy member of OCF lurking in the shadows. From his postings I have read, that store is full of nice folks who read what we want and desire. The stores who actually come out in the wild to find out customers want. Will always be on top of what we want, and fullfill the obligation of being top notch. I was going to order my GPU cooler from Jab-tech, but a local shop gave me such an insane deal I could not refuse. I do dig the cart feature there. I don't have 50 million items in my cart when I am going around comparing prices. Close the browser and I get a fresh cart. :thup:

douglasb said:
The only thing I don't like about them is that they require your credit card billing address to match your shipping address, or else they cancel your order. I'm a student and move around a fair amount, so my permanent billing address is my parents' house, which is in another state. I've had my order cancelled twice @ jab-tech, and just ended up ordering from SVC because their prices/selection were almost identical. Jab-tech has a great site, great prices, and great service, though. I just wish they made it a little easier for people like me to order.
to some that would be a bad thing but its for customers safety im sure.
mabey calling them would be a way to do it?

i recieved an email and several order confirmations and shipping confirmations on my order.
the funny this is john inquired again about my change in my order to make sure it was now correct.which it was.but made a statement about extra stock of ccfl's :)
now i cant say for sure what exactly that means but i know what it implys :)

i didnt do this thread in hopes of something like this.but rather as its a big deal for me to buy from someone besides newegg for online purchases.
im a real skeptic and very distrusting with many online venders as i cant reach out and lay the smacketh down if need be.

deathstar13 said:
to some that would be a bad thing but its for customers safety im sure.
mabey calling them would be a way to do it?

i recieved an email and several order confirmations and shipping confirmations on my order.
the funny this is john inquired again about my change in my order to make sure it was now correct.which it was.but made a statement about extra stock of ccfl's :)
now i cant say for sure what exactly that means but i know what it implys :)

i didnt do this thread in hopes of something like this.but rather as its a big deal for me to buy from someone besides newegg for online purchases.
im a real skeptic and very distrusting with many online venders as i cant reach out and lay the smacketh down if need be.

It is for customer safety, but Newegg and the rest don't seem to have any problems by not doing this. I actually called jab-tech the first time this happened, and basically they wanted documentation from my bank sent to them, which I was not about to do for $80 worth of case-modding supplies, when I can just go to SVC and get the same deal without all the hassle. I don't want them keeping my financial info on file, and if they don't, I have to go through this process every time I order, which adds at least 3 days to the amount of time it takes for my order to go through. It's so much easier to just type in "svc.com" and order there, even if it is somehow "riskier" because they don't do quite so much policing. Just my 2¢, and I still think jab-tech is A+ in all other areas.

I left a resellerrating for Jab tech and it never posted, very strange, even stranger is this Eval I noticed, NEVER have I seen a person leave a neutral for Jab-Tech shipping to fast. Some people are so stupid they shouldn't be allowed to shop online:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Neither Satisfied nor Dissatisfied
Reviewer: wemagor (4)
2/15/05 5:41 PM
I cancelled my order after I placed it, but they shipped it anyway.

I don't trust a store that doesn't list a phone number in their "contact us" section (which they don't).

EDIT: I was mistaken about the time difference, however, I believe the cancellation was sent at 4:08 EST. The phone number was not listed in the Contact Us section. There is a phone number in the FAQ section, but it says it is for orders only. If I had seen this, perhaps I could have cancelled in time.

The company offerred to waive the restocking fee if it was returned unopened.
This review was modified by its author, wemagor, on 2/24/05 8:47 PM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jab Techs reply

2/15/05 10:06 PM
Placed order at 3:30pm EST .. Order Shipped at 4:30pm EST

Sent email at 4:32pm EST asking to cancel.. UPS had already left...

Phone number is in FAQ and Several times during checkout (as well as in your email confirmations).

For the record, there is a 2 hour time differance between Colorado and New York.. We replied to your email at 5:13pm EST

Sorry that we processed and shipped your order too fast

ok now i can finish my review as my parts came in. :)

shipping: fast and many options as i stated before.
packaged good with bubble wrap and with peanuts also.
came in 2 days due to useing usps priority which i like useing.

condition: all parts came undamaged and in working order.

overall: this was a great order and easy enough to do without worry as i was email notified about everything even down to when my MO was recieved.
id definatly use jab-tech again and soon!

on a side note.i think i mentioned in an email john had decided to unload some unused overstock items on me.
here was my original order:
1-yellow psu cover
1-4led light,amber
1-ccfl replacemnt,red

heres what i got:
1-yellow psu cover
1-4led light,amber
1-6led light ,blue
7-ccfl's red,blue,green

and i wasnt charged extra shipping on this.i wouldnt expect this everytime i order either.but was nice as hell of him to send me this stuff!

sometimes change is good :)

deathstar13 said:
ok now i can finish my review as my parts came in. :)

shipping: fast and many options as i stated before.
packaged good with bubble wrap and with peanuts also.
came in 2 days due to useing usps priority which i like useing.

condition: all parts came undamaged and in working order.

overall: this was a great order and easy enough to do without worry as i was email notified about everything even down to when my MO was recieved.
id definatly use jab-tech again and soon!

on a side note.i think i mentioned in an email john had decided to unload some unused overstock items on me.
here was my original order:
1-yellow psu cover
1-4led light,amber
1-ccfl replacemnt,red

heres what i got:
1-yellow psu cover
1-4led light,amber
1-6led light ,blue
7-ccfl's red,blue,green

and i wasnt charged extra shipping on this.i wouldnt expect this everytime i order either.but was nice as hell of him to send me this stuff!

sometimes change is good :)

Glad to hear it. jab-tech is top-notch. They are in select company with Newegg, ZZF, SVC, Xoxide, and Coolerguys. On a side note, I've had really good experiences with Coolerguys doing similar things to "go the extra mile". I 've gotten a few freebies here and there, and only once did I have a problem. I had ordered a 4-channel fan controller, and the 3rd channel was dead. I emailed Josh @ Coolerguys about it, and he got a replacement out the same day, and told me to keep the defective unit. Places like that benefit from repeat customers and word-of-mouth, so let's continue to give them their proper due when they impress. I rarely, if ever, order from anywhere other than those 6 listed previously.

Back