• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help...:(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

big_dish

Need Help...:( (56k Beware!!!!)

Ok, I just got my water cooling rig up and running. Specs:

P4 2.8 (775), Asrock 775v8 mb, 1 gig of memory, 2 hd's, Chenming 901 Server case, 3 80mm case fans, dvd player. Dedicated 550 watt Antec Truepower PS for pc - Dedicated 350 watt JustPC PS for fans and pump.

Watercooling parts:
DD D4 pump
DD TDX Lucite top cpu block ~ AS5
DD BIPII Rad w/2 120mm Panaflo Hydro Wave's
1/2" tubing
T-Line
Distilled water & Rad coolant
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The temp monitor (on mb) is getting a reading that is 50% more than what I have. I installed a temp monitor onto the cpu block and am getting a reading of 35*c and the mb onboard monitor is telling me it's at 60*c. After the PC was on for about 1 hour, the waterblock was cool to the touch and no where near being hot????

I have some pics of my system that I will post when I get off of work.

I have seated and reseated the cpu block and got it pretty tightened down. What the heck else could it be?

Last edited:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=396244 <- please give this thread a read if you think that your temps are high. Howeverwhat you are probably reading on the mb is the socket temp which is usually higher since its physically in a different location. If you want to find out if it is the socket temp then take a fan and blow it at the back side of the mobo where the cpu would be and see if your temps on it drop.

EDIT: Lol, again yuo beat me to the punch :p

I would trust the Thermal probe more so than the onboard sensor.

It sounds liek you have some decent evidence there for a possible "dead spot" on your thermal sensor. This happens on many motherboards when going to Water cooling. Long story short, you aren't getting much if any airflow over the sensor, creating a dead spot that hot air can get trapped in. And giving you in accurate readings.

To test this, plug in a spare fan and direct the air flor down around the CPU socket, and see if the on board sensors temp readings go down, If they do, then you have a "dead spot".

Ok, I have a spare 120mm fan at home that I will try that with. I will do that when I get home and post the pics. Oh, and I don't have a hole behind my motherboard to blow the air behind it. I will figure something out though.

Ok...I placed a 120mm fan directly in front of the processor and one above it (see pics). The temp dropped 10*c according to Speedfan/mb sensor and it now shows 31*c??? Here are the pics:

comp_1.jpg

comp_2.jpg

comp_3.jpg

comp_4.jpg

comp_5.jpg

The last picture shows were the fan is placed above the cpu block.

big_dish: I meant put a fan on the other side of the motherboard which would help your socket temps. Also the part of your waterblock that gets hot is the underside that touches the cpu so it will never really get hot where you can touch it. My RBX is cool to the touch even after 3 days of folding maybe slightly warm.

Polonator said:
I think your TDX is routed incorrectly. The center barb should be the inflow.

Ok, I didn't think about that, but after looking over some other pictures, you may be right. When I get some time, I am going to try switching it.

Now, should I leave the hose where it is and just twist the TDX 180*s or should I remove the hose, twist the TDX 180*s and then put the hoses as they are now?

Back