• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TDX or Storm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1cem4n

I just saw the Storm from Swiftech and I know just how good it is but when compared to a DangerDen TDX made out of silver? which one would be better? Seeing as how I have 200 Dollars for the Waterblock, I'm undecided. I know that the TDX will probably need a pump capable of 300gph too.

EDIT: Anybody know anything about water chillers that I can buy?

-1cem4n

If your pump is the sam with either block...I would go with the storm just because its a more advanced technology, but thats just me.
I dont recall the TDXsilver to perform all that good...I could be wrong but I dont think it ever beat the cascade over at ProCooling.

Storm is my final answer.

yeah, I will be using the Hydor SELTZ (450GPH) pump but does it generate a lot of heat? I will be using two BIX 120mm with either panaflo high speeds or Delta Tri Blade.

-1cem4n

do not go with that pump it produces too much heat and too little head. I would look into the MCP655 from swiftech of the D5 pump from dangerden (they are one and the same). They have more head and dump less heat into the loop so they are superior choices.

I think I will go with the new Storm from Swiftech as I have heard great things about the g4 that cathar made.

-1cem4n

Buy a Swiftech storm and then go for an Iwaki mrd20(I believe thats the correct name) pump. Then you end up with something thats just about the best WC setup you can get.

speed bump said:
Buy a Swiftech storm and then go for an Iwaki mrd20(I believe thats the correct name) pump. Then you end up with something thats just about the best WC setup you can get.
Not really considering 2 modded MCP350's will give about the same amount of preformance or better and put out a lot less heat. According to Cathar's testing over at ProCooling.com 2 MCP650's performed just as well as the Iwaki MD20rz. And considering that the modded MCP350 will out perform the 650 I think the Iwaki has some strong competition. :)

speed bump said:
The Iwaki MD-20RZ is a great pump, but you do need a big radiator if you're going to use one. It too, has a sizable heat dump.

Back