• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

too many memtest errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ytpconquer

I have 1 GB Corsair value select PC3200 RAM. My timings and voltage and frequency on it are all default yet I still get 350+ errors on memtest test #5 on the first run. I don't know why I get so many errors because I have tested it at an oc'ed frequency with higher volts and it has gotten only about 2-3 errors on the first run.

EDIT: Also, where it says your memory speed mine only says about 1400Mb/s. If its PC 3200 shouldn't it be 3200Mb/s?

My setup:
ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe Rev 2.0 1008 BIOS
Athlon XP-M 2500+ @ 2.4Ghz cooled w/ Tr SI-97
Corsair Value select 1GB PC 3200 (2.5-3-3-8) default
Gigabyte 6600GT @ 540/1100 cooled w/ Logisys all copper cooler
Maxtor 160GB SATA
Lots of loud *** fans

Last edited:
:welcome: to the Forum!
NF2 boards can be fussy with ram. My HyperX on my A7N8x Deluxe will not run without errors at stock time either. That it does better when overclocked is a bit strange. I think you will have to loosen your timins to get it to run error free. I would try 3-3-3-10 and see how that works. Good luck.

thanks! My timings were 2.5-4-4-11 when oc'ed bcause if I put CL it to 3 it does worse. I think I am going to try and adjust the other timings some. I ran prime for a few hours which is probably not long enough, but it got no errors.

ya it is more stable after upping it but I don't know why it gets errors when everythig is default

Back