• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid Ram!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gonzo

I have a stick of 256Mb Atlas Precision PC133 Cas 2 ram but I can not go above 110 bus speed. I have tried all kinds of different settings but am still unable to go above 110. Is this decent Ram? Did I get a bad stick? The system will boot at 120, but becomes unstable and freezes. Now that I have good temps I would like to be able to OC some more. Anyone have good or bad experiences with Atlas ram? I dont often see people say they have atlas ram.

In your sig it says you have the KT7-Raid, is this right? If you don't have the KT133A chipset (The 'A' is the important part) hence the KT7A-Raid, you're not going to get above 110 stable. In fact, 110 bus on the KT133 isn't half bad at all. I don't think it's your memory, It's probably your mobo.
Newegg.com has 'Refurbished' KT7A boards for around 70 bucks, so you may want to check that out.
Peace,
John

I was really confused and thought my mem was running the same as my FSB. I made some changes and now I am running processor at 1.23 (107 x 11.5) and the mem bus is 142, cas2. I dont know how I made it through the last year missing this key concept. I guess my ram is running very well then.
One think I still dont understand though is how the bios 3R or later supports 133 fsb processors on the KT7 board. Oh well, by the time I am ready to get a new processor I will get a new board also.

Yeah, it's supported in the bios, but the chips themselves were not stable above 110 in most cases, usually lower than that. I had a KT133 board (Asus A7V) that couldn't make it past 104, and a biostar that I used for someone else's computer that wouldn't go above 100 at all... 101, lock in Bios... hehe
Oh well, Yeah, KT7As are cheap right now @ Newegg.com. They're refurbished, but they still have a short warranty. I think they're like 69 bucks shipped.
Good Luck!
Peace
John

Back