• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Formatted and now seeing a few problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{ace of spades}

Disabled
I formatted my computer, but im now seeing a few problems. I downloaded the drivers for my GC, and put all the software on the computer that came on the original disks so i thought everything would be fine.

Here are my problems:

1. I can play BF2 but i cant play Hl2 (i could before). It loads up, i see the adverts at the start and i see a 1/2 second glimpse at the start screen but then it goes back to desktop and says there was a problem with the graphics settings, they have been set to default, please try again. And again i get the same problem with the same message.

2. On websites i get loads of " Run time errors" They go something like this:

Runtime Error
Wish to De-Bug? (Which it cant)
Line: 2853 ( It says many different ones though, i got these just getting onto this website 2853, 980, 1955 and 1752)
Error: Object Expected

3. When i try to play videos the color is really drained, its very white with faint colors.

Can anyone please help me in any way possible. I own a CS clan and i need to be able to play the damn game.

Thank you,

James

Are you using a nVidia card with the latest drivers? If so, my friend has the same problem . All of the things he sees like videos and stuff are very faint and white. His solution was to switch over to the Omega drivers, that got rid of the faint colors for him.

Ok. I am using Nvidia but it does have the latest update. I can live with the videos but i need to get back on HL2 and CS asap

Bump :(

The thing that gets me is that it DID work, and i can still play BF2, WOW etc as well as i ever could but not HL2 and CSS

you might want to clear all of your old drivers, then use driver cleaner to amke sure its all gone. Then go and get the omega drivers. I use them and they seems faster.

HL2 and CS will give you this message sayingthat your card is not good enough or something, just say continue and it works great. My friend has a 6600 GT and it said that and it still works fine.

I'll tell you why. Most of my friends with nVidia cards that used the latest drivers saw the white and faint colors in games and while watching videos. I guess its a problem with nVidias drivers or something because you're not the only one.

Back