• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

grrrr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

Well, I got the pc-dl up and running. First boot I got "forgot to plug in video card". Yeah, I did. Next boot, system hangs on detecting ide. Now it doesn't come up at all. When I hit power, I get all three keyboard lights turn on and off and then all shut off. I can hit num-lock and get a light but none of the others work. I then checked the vdimm voltage from my molex-readpoint, 200mv. Okay? I take the vdimm mod off and vdimm is still around 200mv... wtf? working to not.

wow. that is really bad it looks. double check that you'reo n the ref point? try probing the mobo, if theres an inductor try one of its legs. try runnign it without the ram in, see if that makes it go. otherwise... i dont really know what to say, unless you wanna start replacing ICs on the board, theres not much to do after that. maybe you can be lucky and if anything is fuxxored, its just an SMD resistor that would be relatively easy to replace. try the pull and test and see if its all good, and be sure you're on the right reference point. and make sure you're grounded good to a wire on the psu, to be sure the case grounding isnt a problem or something lame like that. good luck man, keep us updated and hopefully we can think of something you havnt.

It's the right reference point. I checked against the guide. crap... I pulled the comp from the case and set it on the table to test. I'm going to probe the vmem point now but I only get the 3 keyboard lights and no num-lock activity now.

Back