• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg=not so smart people

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok this eerks me. If you go to Newegg's website and do a search for Creative Labs X-Fi. You'll see the full line of the X-Fi sound cards. However if you take a look closely, you'll see they have the Platinum pics under the Fatal1ty link and the other way around. I sent them an e-mail so this can be fixed. After all some people out there care what their stuff looks like. After all it shows the platinum as having a bay drive box with the words Fatal1ty right on it and a sound card with LED attached for $199. It also shows the Fatal1ty as having a drive bay box with on Sound Blaster X-Fi on the front and no LED for $279. Yet in their reply to the e-mail the say "We can only guarantee what is in our pictures." So does this mean if I pay the $199 I get the Fatal1ty instead of the Platinum? After all they guaratee they are right.

Ok rants over.

edit pics for those who want them
Fatal1ty

Platinum

Last edited:
wow, ONE MISTAKE out of 10 million items OMG holy crap, never buy from them AGAIN! they cant be doing this.

While I can understand your reasoning, Amarkarian, thats really not the way to go about this. He is right in what he says, and he should be given the satisfaction that is desired. The customer is always right, neh. I'm sure Jason will pop in soon and help the situation.

jeez...chill out, they made a mistake, so what. They ARE NOT going to be complety perfect. If it really bothering you so bad, that you have to make a thread about it, why dont you just pm Jason? He will help you out

By no means do I want Newegg to be perfect, after all I stoped shoppnig there when most the stuff I ordered came DOA. However you think they would be able to admit a mistake and fix it. Thats all I wanted done, after all is it so hard to fix the mistake. However making a guarantee of something this is wrong, seems kinda odd. Also who is Jason??

Oh ok didn't know that. What gets me tho is people come in here talknig about vendors either by saying how good they are, how bad they are, prices is a tad off and such. I come in pointing out a mistake on Newegg's site and all hell breaks loose. You have to remember Newegg is just a store, and that there are better ones out there. Also if Jason comes in and sees this please feel free to PM me.

That response was uncalled that NewEgg gave - they basically said that if you see something in the picture - that is WHAT you get....

they started that - i would buy the product, and then when you get the wrong items, show them the email you got stating otherwise, otherwisse file for false advertising

newegg could of responded back and said "hey, thanks for pointing out that error!" instead they didnt.

Mr.Guvernment said:
i would buy the product, and then when you get the wrong items, show them the email you got stating otherwise, otherwisse file for false advertising

Thats all I was trying to do when I e-mailed them. That way someone doesn't buy it thinking they are getting whats in the pics and then maybe taking legal action. After all not everyone knows whats these sound cards look like and what comes with them.

Back