• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prior to overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JennyB

Registered
Before I overclock, what shall I do..

So far I have updated my gfx/sound drivers, which improved performance.

Any other drivers that need updating? What about intel chipset driver for my mobo?

Is it possible to upgrade bios without reinstalling windows?

Anything else?

Yes you can update your Bios as its a low level system thing not a part of windows. Finally Intel system drivers I have tried alot of them and really haven't had much difference with any of them.

Maybe some Windows updates as well? Go to microsoft.com and click on Window Update or something along those lines. Or just use the "Automatic Updates" option in control panel.

i personally install all windows updates first. then install chipset and graphics, sound..

bios is flashed when ever a new one is availabe.

Its next to pointless to do a windows update when you have the latest drivers already. What will an IE security update net you in terms of more FSB? Your going to srew up windows anyways sooner or later finding the limits of your hardware so might as well just give it a shot with what you already have on there.

Back