• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can somebody tame Ogg Vorbis for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gt24

Google Desktop Search doesn't work for me! However, I recently found out why...

Based on your message, it looks like Vorbis Ogg
is currently installed on your computer. This program conflicts with
Google Desktop, and we're currently investigating. In the meantime, you
may be able to solve the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling both the
conflicting program and Google Desktop. Here's how:

1. If Google Desktop is installed, uninstall it ("Start" > "Programs" >
"Google Desktop" > "Uninstall Google Desktop").
2. Uninstall the conflicting program.
3. Reboot your computer.
4. Reinstall Google Desktop from http://desktop.google.com
5. Reinstall the conflicting program. Make sure you have the latest
version.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,
The Google Team

I don't have an add/remove programs icon for Ogg Vorbis! A search for vorbis on my hard drive as well as ogg found the following in the system32 folder...

vorbis.dll vorbisenc.dll vorbisfile.dll ogg.dll OggDS.dll

Other folders, such as the Winamp folder, also have vorbis dlls, but I don't think Windows would use them as much.

My question... would deleting those dlls "uninstall" Ogg Vorbis? Would it break Windows XP for those files to be missing? Is there anything I should do before killing those files?

did you try to unistall winamp ? and google desktop ? then re-installing them ? i would install google desktop last.

i wouldnt go and just delete those files until you know exactly what they are for ..

try looking them up here
http://www.processlibrary.com/

If you don't have a Vorbis uninstaller, the files were probably installed with some codec pack. Try uninstalling any/all codec packs you have on the sytem, and Vorbis should be gone.

JigPu

Back