• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this real Corsair memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funboy

Registered
Hi folks, got my new Corsair Twinx2048cl2 xms3202v2.1 which so far I am disappointed with, but I am starting to wonder if I got cheated by the store. Serial number on CPUz is showing as FFFFFFFF and manufacturing date as Week 255, Year 255. In my SPD Timing Table it only shows the memory at CL3. Check the attachment and let me know... I'm looking for a reason to raise hell on the vendor.

Thanks in advance..

Oh, what brings me to suspicious is that this new ram doesnt seem to OC better at all than my previous setup with 4x512mb of all 3 different brand memory...

Attachments

• corsair memory - cpuz.gif
    corsair memory - cpuz.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 67
I got some GEIL memory, same thing shows up for me, but it does show the manufacturer correctly, I just think for some reason it cant read it or something, im unsure

I can't speak about these specific modules but it is quite a common practice for the SPD timings to be set at more relaxed values than the ram's rated speed in order to decrease compatibility issues when initially firing it up.

Go into BIOS and set the timings to their rated values and if it doesnt BOOT or pass Memtest...then you've got cause for RMA.

And by the way, many sticks do not have valid manufacturing date or other data programmed into them, so that is not a biggie either.

Back