• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5-6600K (4.5Ghz) + TridentZ RGB 3000Mhz CL16 can works stable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XwReK

Hello, I am new to this forum too :).
I have a question for you because I do not know too much about OC.
Is there any chance for the processor to turn i5-6600K to 4.5GHz and RAM TridentZ RGB 3000Mhz CL16 to 3000Mhz or 3000Mhz + to XMP?

I tried to overclock, but none of the tensions that I set, watching the guides did not help, because after every attempt to turn up something, the system did not want to get up and I had to reset the BIOS.

Currently, the processor is overclocked. MSI Boost to level 8 where, as they say, it is 4.5Ghz. By default, the Ram comes to 2133Mhz and I can not turn it on even 3000Mhz because I'm just bluffing bluescreen or it's showing error on motherboard 99 and the system does not get up.

I tried Memory Try It after checking the architecture that they are hynix I set hynix> 3000Mhz CL16. Sam got proper timing, noi system got up, but after firing, for example, CS: GO I played with 5min, then the game was automatically closed, and when the game was restarted, it already bluescreened.

According to the i5-6600K specification, it supports DDR4-2133Mhz and I asked myself on the MSI forum that they told me that they do not turn up to such values, because the specification states that you can turn up to 2133Mhz. I asked him in this case, how the i9-9900K in the specification has up to 2666Mhz, what is the RAM with 3000Mhz clock going out? I did not receive a specific answer, I am also writing here.

My motherboard is up to 3600Mhz (OC), so there is no problem with it.

System: Windows 10 Pro
Case: SilentiumPC Aquarius X70T Pure Black
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
Cooler: CM MasterLiquid ML240R RGB
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M7
RAM: Trident With RGB LED 3000MHz CL16
Graphic card: GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC
Power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W

Should I buy a new processor? if so, which processor will go to DDR4-3000Mhz or 3000Mhz +

[SOME SCREENS]:
[CPUZ FILE]:
https://jsonformatter.org/html-viewer/7eac90 > click RUN

Greetings :)
Sebastian

All you should need to do is enable XMP in the BIOS. Have you done that?

Start off without using the auto overclocking (you shouldn't really be using that, honestly) and back at stock (reset CMOS/BIOS). Enable XMP. Once you do that, then overclock the CPU by raising the multiplier and adjusting voltage as needed. There is more to it that.

Also, please host pictures here as those will go away when idle... not sure I want to click RUN on anything from a new member. Just post screenshots of CPUz please. :)

All you should need to do is enable XMP in the BIOS. Have you done that?

Start off without using the auto overclocking (you shouldn't really be using that, honestly) and back at stock (reset CMOS/BIOS). Enable XMP. Once you do that, then overclock the CPU by raising the multiplier and adjusting voltage as needed. There is more to it that.

Also, please host pictures here as those will go away when idle... not sure I want to click RUN on anything from a new member. Just post screenshots of CPUz please. :)

This hosting will not expire because it is a lifetime photo hosting. There is no risk in the links I provided have https before url. As for the screenshots from cpuz, they are just in the album on the imugger. Just turning on the XMP gives the same result, i.e. if I have XMP turned on and the processor is not overclocked, it works 3000Mhz, but when it just turns it up, the system does not get up. Two things at a time do not want to harmonize.

Host your next ones here. Nobody has to click links..pics are inline.. just as easy. :)

but when it just turns it up, the system does not get up.
I don't know what this means?

You really need to stop auto overclocking. I have a feeling that is what is getting in the way.

Host your next ones here. Nobody has to click links..pics are inline.. just as easy. :)

I don't know what this means?

You really need to stop auto overclocking. I have a feeling that is what is getting in the way.

What values ​​should be set? for the processor and for the frame? I have no idea how much should be assigned to them optimally.

CPU Ratio: 4500Mhz
CPU Ratio mode: Fixed
XMP: Enabled
DRAM Freq: DDR4-3000Mhz

Advanced DRAM:
Command rate 1
tCL 16
tRCD 18
tRP 18
tRAS 38
tRFC Auto

CPU / GT Volt Mode: Override
CPU Core Volt: 1.350
DRAM Volt: 1.350

Increase something? if so what for I do not know ;/

Does it boot with the dram on stock settings?
If I read your messages you are overclocking everything at once.
As already suggested, start from scratch and take little steps yeah it will cost you a couple of days but you will perfectly know where your problem is.
In theory your settings look ok but for sure your system doesn't like it.
Set back your dram settings.
And could you tell us at what cpu speed your pc will boot?
Is that only stock settings or multiplier set on 42? And also post screenshots of your bios settings it will make it a bit easier for use to help you.

What values ​​should be set? for the processor and for the frame? I have no idea how much should be assigned to them optimally.

CPU Ratio: 4500Mhz
CPU Ratio mode: Fixed
XMP: Enabled
DRAM Freq: DDR4-3000Mhz

Advanced DRAM:
Command rate 1
tCL 16
tRCD 18
tRP 18
tRAS 38
tRFC Auto

CPU / GT Volt Mode: Override
CPU Core Volt: 1.350
DRAM Volt: 1.350

Increase something? if so what for I do not know ;/

"frame"?

All you need to worry about is:
1. Choose XMP for the DRAM rather than a specific frequency. Use default DRAM voltage.
2. Choose "all cores" for application of the overclock frequency
3. Choose the second highest setting for LLC
4. Set the cache ratio to the fixed stock value
5. Set an AVX offset of 1.
6. Choose a safe vcore (fixed value, not offset) and stress test to see what is the highest multiplier you can use for the CPU overclock and have it still be stable under reasonably vigorous stress testing. Your current 1.35 vcore is probably a safe amount.
7. During stress testing monitor the core temps (HWMonitor is a good tool for this). You want to have a vcore amount that does not produce max stress testing core temp of over 95c. Two hours of the Realbench stress test passed should be a good indicator of stability.

That should get you well under way.

Last edited:
Back