• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wallpapers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Antillian

When you're in the mood for getting a new wallpaper for your desktop, what do you do? Do you search places like deviantart? Or do you make your own? If so, what do you use to make them?

I make a lot of the wallpapers I use, b/c its hard for me to find one to my liking and one that fits my 1280x800 (15.4") widescreen laptop monitor. When I make them I use Photoshop 7.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
XP Themes has some nice wallpapers but now you have to install their software to use them so that's out. I make my own with Adobe Photoshop or I use Google images search and download anything that looks interesting. I like to change them weekly as I hate seeing the same thing for too long. That's why I'm on my thirteenth wife!..LOL

*rofl* yeah, I change mine a lot, I'm picky about it, drives me nuts though trying to look for a new one. If I get an idea in PS and can follow through with it then thats a definite plus. I'm not the greatest at it though, Midnight_Dream, who happens to be my good friend, could blow me out of the water anyday with his stuff.

rseven said:
XP Themes has some nice wallpapers but now you have to install their software to use them so that's out. I make my own with Adobe Photoshop or I use Google images search and download anything that looks interesting. I like to change them weekly as I hate seeing the same thing for too long. That's why I'm on my thirteenth wife!..LOL

LOL

i_am_tux said:
*rofl* yeah, I change mine a lot, I'm picky about it, drives me nuts though trying to look for a new one. If I get an idea in PS and can follow through with it then thats a definite plus. I'm not the greatest at it though, Midnight_Dream, who happens to be my good friend, could blow me out of the water anyday with his stuff.

I have not made a wallpaper in quite some time, not sure how rusty my skills have gotten.

My sources are DeviantArt, Google, my camera, or terragen.

I can't make anything with the Gimp (so photoshop probably wouldn't work :D), and MS Paint wallpapers just don't do it for me ;)

JigPu

JigPu said:
My sources are DeviantArt, Google, my camera, or terragen.

I can't make anything with the Gimp (so photoshop probably wouldn't work :D), and MS Paint wallpapers just don't do it for me ;)

JigPu

*rofl* MS Paint for the win!

I go to deviantART. I love that place. I also grab pics off google and/or a prog like limewire or something and put them together in photoshop

its interesting you would say google. i never would have thought to use google to search for wallpapers o_O lol. guess i just didn't perceive it that way.

i_am_tux said:
its interesting you would say google. i never would have thought to use google to search for wallpapers o_O lol. guess i just didn't perceive it that way.
Yes, Google Images is a good source of wallpapers as you can even narrow the subject area.

Back