• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Be Gone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pappasmurf

Registered
Hiya - using xp sp2
made a folder in which i kept some files, these files have now been moved and i am trying to delete this folder but it always reappears after x amounts of boots.
How do i permanently delete it with out just hiding the folder?
Have Tried
Dr Delete
Del in safe mode
Renaming File
hitting the delete key until my finger started bleeding
any ideas or should i resign my self to just hiding the file

Some software in your system is regenerating this file. I believe you have to figure out what program is doing it in order to stop the problem. Have you scanned for spyware? Sometimes they regenerate deleted folders.

When you start seeing stuff like this, you’re doing regular computing on an Admin account.
Use separate accounts for administrative activity and general user activity. Individuals who do administrative work on the computer should each have two user accounts on the system: one for administrative tasks, and one for general activity. For example, viruses can do much more damage if activated from an account with Administrator privileges. - microsoft

You probably set a program to save to that folder or you saved to it from within a program and it set that folder to the default save folder.
Figure out which program, change the default and you should be able to delete it then.

Back