• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5GD1 or P5LD2 for overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shinji666

Registered
I'm getting 630 processor tomorrow and just wondering what motherboard should i go with for overclocking? I'm not extreme overclocker and just would like to clock it to 3.6ish or 3.8 if allowed. I have X850XT video card so PCI express is a must. Which one seems better in overclocking/futureproof? P5GD1 or P5LD2(VM or non VM, is it same or diff?) When the new 6xx series, will 915chipset support it ? what about 945? any reason why i should go 945 and ditch my DDR for DDR2?

Go with the P5LD2. I have a P5GDC DLX which is basically the same mobo but can use DDR2 or DDr1.

If you do a little research you'll see the i915 chipset doesn't o/c for crap. My board doesn't like running anything but the supplied overclocking profiles which are too small to be worth the extra heat and the performance isn't much better, to too big and turns my computer into a furnace or simply can't boot.

I'm not sure how well the 945P rectifies this but it has to be better than the i915p.

My 2cp.

Back