• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Mushkin orders from their website.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muddocktor

Retired
OK, I ordered me a 2 Gig kit of their Redline 4000 directly from the Mushkin website on 11/19, which was over the weekend. I figured with the reputation that Mushkin seems to have here, that they would fill the order and ship it today (Monday, 11/21) but after checking my order this evening, find that the order still hasn't shipped yet. :shrug: However, they were real quick to charge my CC for this ram. :rolleyes:

My question is, how fast does Mushkin process orders from their website? Do they generally ship fast or do they sit on it and play with my money for a few weeks before filling the order. The reason I ask is that the other memory vendor I've ordered directly from, which is Crucial, was always very fast getting their product to me after placing an order. I'm hoping that Mushkin is the same, but they aren't impressing me so far.

I haven't ordered from Mushkin for over a year, but when I have, I've never had a problem with order processing or shipping. Could be that your order update wasn't available yet. Also, you (or I) have no way of knowing how many orders were placed over the weekend, so there is always the possibility of a backlog.

That's true, but I've never dealt with Mushkin for anything before. I'm just trying to get a feel for how they have operated in the past, from people's experience here at the forums.

Having bought from then in the last few months, their response was quick. If it didn't ship today (Tuesday), I would call them tomorrow and see what gives. Could always be a web site problem but might as well find out. :)

By the way most credit cards charges are automated these days and occur within minutes or a couple hours max. I won't sell you something on the classified ads without payment before shipping so if I were a retailer I would do the same. The problem of course deals with how long it takes to ship once you've been charged and I'll agree with your point in that regard whole heartily!

EDIT: grammar

Last edited:
I just have a quick story about mushkin. Basically my computer would not boot with high voltage ram. DFI sent my same board back so I Rma'd the ram and mushkin tested the sticks and they were working fine. After long hours of trouble shooting to no avail, mushkin upgraded me to their 2gb redline 4000's. Yes, they actually came in and helped out, even when there was nothing wrong with their ram, after DFI left me out to dry.

Back