• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ingram Micro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They deal more as a wholesaler, so its difficult to really deal with them. They tend to supply items to resellers, so if you aren't a retailer, theodds are you won't even do business with Ingram. I always seemed to have them pop up when I was looking for electronic parts, but would always end up getting sent elsewhere.

stool said:
They deal more as a wholesaler, so its difficult to really deal with them. They tend to supply items to resellers, so if you aren't a retailer, theodds are you won't even do business with Ingram. I always seemed to have them pop up when I was looking for electronic parts, but would always end up getting sent elsewhere.

All correct.

They are a distributor, which means the average customer *cannot* buy from them. In order for them to even consider you, you have to fill out a long application, and be a documented, fully licensened business with a reseller permit, etc.

At that point you can buy from them, but I'll tell you now the prices aren't all that great. In fact, on many items, the price you'll pay is MORE than some retailers sell for.

Furthermore, if you do buy from them and use it for yourself, you have to declare this and pay full tax on it and whatnot. Purchases from distributors are for use by resellers, education, and government, or for direct business usage.

I remember back when my dad was a purchashing agent for a computer company he was able to get me a really good deal from Ingram Micro's location in Western NY. 4mb of RAM for only $179! Yes this was a really long time ago.

For the most part you can't really buy from them unless your already a reseller or BIG in some way.

Back