• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final Diagram Before Building

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aidenswarrior

Look Good?

water%20cool.jpg

i am terrible at drawing so the rad and fan arent proportional. The rad+fan+air duct only take up the top 2 5.25 bays. I will have the bottom 2 for my dvd rom and my dvd rw

There is room for two cd drives with a top mounted rad. I know, I have a similar case, same height.

You'd probably be better of front-mounting the rad. It gives a cleaner install and two less fans. I'll upload a pic in a a sec.

edit: not always cleaner but more functional. You have full access to all pci-slots and don't have to waste any time bleeding the system.

Last edited:
Yes I agree with pat,

Though the RAD in the front might add some heat into the case, the major heat producers are going to be watercooled anyway. Just remove your 3.5" bays and stick your HDD into the 5.4" with a cooler.

pwnt by pat said:
There is room for two cd drives with a top mounted rad. I know, I have a similar case, same height.

You'd probably be better of front-mounting the rad. It gives a cleaner install and two less fans. I'll upload a pic in a a sec.

edit: not always cleaner but more functional. You have full access to all pci-slots and don't have to waste any time bleeding the system.

i dont understand how doing that wouldnt give me access to my pci slots. I just tested this idea and it seemed worked fine. Ill guess i will just have to see once i get it and up running. Got to wait for my Maze4 to come first though.

And also, i was gonna front mount it but, it is less dremeling for the top mount. plus, i have never seen anyone with my case put the rad where i am gonna have it. So we will see. I can always buy a new case if i mess it up i guess.

btw: Lian Li PC-65, for those of you who didnt bother lookin at the sig ;)

Last edited:
lookie up at the very top ;)

fc7a83ca.jpg

With the layout I showed, you won't have any tubing blocking the pci slots so if you like to reconfigure your cards, you don't have to fuss with moving stuff out of the way. As Sen Cache said, you won't know your final layout until you finally make it.

In order to get the tubing from the gpu block to the tee and have the tee be on a horizontal leve, you will have to run a tubing bend down from the gpu block then bend over to the right. You can't do everything with straight lines...

pwnt by pat said:
In order to get the tubing from the gpu block to the tee and have the tee be on a horizontal leve, you will have to run a tubing bend down from the gpu block then bend over to the right. You can't do everything with straight lines...

i know this, and i still dont see how it would block any pci cards.

Perhaps we are not on the same level...

You think "block access to USE the slots at all"
I say "block access to easily be able to change cards in the slots"

anything larger would not fit. You got to remember all the powersupply cables and such. I could have put it in the bottom but that wouldnt have looked so nice.

Oh yeah, I cut a hole in the side of the supports for the power supply cables to fit through. Give that a shot and it should work. It's very tight either way.

Back