• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deciding on a new case for water cooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

96s10

I'm having a hard time deciding on a case for my new setup. I really don't want somthing big (server), been looking at mid and full atx's. Originaly I had a chengming mid size but the quality was horrible!!! I've been looking at somthing like the Lian Li 65B, it comes with a side window already and I hear they're good quality.

The only thing is I really want to stick one of those dual 120mm fan heater cores up top. But length wise will it work with the psu? I wouldnt have a optical drive on top, it would be dedicated to the radiator.

So basicly is the lian li 65B a good case? And do you think a dual 120mm heater core will fit uptop?

:sn:

It takes a little bit of modding of both the case and powersupply but it's possible to fit a BIX/BIP2 up top. You also have room for two optical drives with the radiator up there. It's not a very good picture of it but basically you have to cut a hole in the side of the case and the corner out of the powersupply so the wires don't interfere with the radiator.

fc7a83ca.jpg

I use the pc7b plus and it's an awesome case. It's not very heavy, even fully loaded.

Someone recommended I check out the Aerocool Masstige, and it looks awesome and reviews well. It's kind of a smaller Stacker without having to **** with CoolerMaster.
Look at it at NewEgg here

I cannot comment on the quality as I haven't oredered it yet, but it offers the "BTX" style mounting with the PSU mounted on the bottom. This would leave the top open for h2o very easily, and keep the weight at the bottom of thecase (so it doesn't try to tip). It also has 120mm fan brackets, and I even have a BIM2 idea for that 3x80 setup on the side panel.

Darn I really didn't want to mod the psu. :cry: I dunno would a single 120mm heater core be able to cool a A64 & 2 6800's?'

I really wanna go with the heater core uptop. I like that areocool case but the motherboard is up there so now that would be in the way :(

I also am going to vote for the Aerocool Masstige i really like mine and i was able to cram a lot of stuff into it. I plan on adding water soon and with the front design i will put the rads right up front that way the fans can also keep my scsi drives nice and cool

Linkage

Do you think a dual 120mm heater core would fit inbetween the front of the case and the 120mm fan mount?!!?!?

96s10 said:
Do you think a dual 120mm heater core would fit inbetween the front of the case and the 120mm fan mount?!!?!?

cut off the fan mount, use some velcro and put the heatercore up front. Dangerden has a video of how to mount in a stacker, a similar case.

I think the way the front fan mounts are in the Masstige, you could mount a rad directly to them, similar to how a radiator mounts to the RadBox. At least, the pics look like it.

bri1 said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119093

depending on how many hd/opticals you have

you can fit a bix3 or bip3 right in the front bix2 or bip2 with ez

not to mention its got good 2x 120 exaust fans so you can have the radiator up front sucking air in and have the 2 in back blowing it out so its about even

i think the Aerocool Masstige is actually the better buy. It is the same case for $50-80 less.

http://dangerden.com/instructions/movies/stacker.wmv

that is the mounting in the front of a stacker vid.

that case is a verry good case but it is also smaller seeing how it is 45 cm tall and a bix is 40 cm it would be hard seeing you would only have 1x 5.25 left and thats assuming that the inside of the case is the exact same size as the outside

but this would work fine for a bix2

bri1 said:
that case is a verry good case but it is also smaller seeing how it is 45 cm tall and a bix is 40 cm it would be hard seeing you would only have 1x 5.25 left and thats assuming that the inside of the case is the exact same size as the outside

but this would work fine for a bix2

you mean the bix3 is 40cm tall. not everyone needs a bix3 for their system, considering teh guy said he wants to use a dual heatercore

Aidenswarrior said:
$25 is $25, i would still go with the aero cool

i wouldent seeing how it has 3x usless 80 fan (because of positioning)

the thermantake already comes with 2x120s and 2x 90s in good positions
it still has more fan hole (damn hommie thats awsome) its verry light case and looks good it has a windos thats nice little open dore things (your case does not have) looks nice!!! much more simple can fit a bix3 hahahahahhah or a bix2 with room for more than one optical drive

theres a nice little list super clean 2 lol jk
Any more of this and you are going on a 3 day vacation. Enough, grow up.

nikhsub1
Forums Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Back