• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

compression fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bender222

Registered
I would like to use compression fittings for my system. both for ease of use and the secureity i have over worm drive ( worm drive clamps are good but ive always felt safer with the compression fittings on koolance) the problem is that i have planned a high flow ( storm/50z/maze4/pa160) Im iot going for super performance here. i just want to reach the magical 3 ghz barrier on my dc opteron. besides that i want it to be very clean and professional looking and quiet ( i beleive the pa 160 can make it quiet enough, if not i can always get an additional black ice 2. anyway, I need to know if i can get some compression fittings that will not impact the performance of my system.

another question is" will the 50z be able to pump through my entire system and maintain optimal flow for the storm? i have a lian-li pc60 case if thats important

Yeah worm clamps are not the greatest if going for a clean and professional look. And they can be a pain to install. My solution for this annoyance is not to bother with clamps anymore. Been over a year now and not a drop leaked. Mind you I keep an eye on the condition of the tubing.

edit - should have added, using 7/16 tube over 1/2 barbs for a tight and secure fit. With 1/2 tube clamps would be a necessity.

Your pump will pump through the entire system, assuming no abnormal restrictions such as tubing kinks.

Last edited:
Back