• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake BigWater SE on Lian Li PC-70. Is this a good Layout?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MeJa

Hey guys!
Most of my friends and family know i'm in the process of redoing my pc. Instead of giving me money (for xmas) they keep on getting either parts or gift certs (cant complaint) I was just given the Thermaltake BigWater SE watercool kit ( http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/bigwater/index.php ) which i'm ready to install in my pc.

After reading the reviews on the kit, i've found out that its decent yet has a pretty weak pump. Unfortunately for me Thermaltake uses 1/4 fittings which limites me to only use the pump provided with the kit. This creates an issue for me as i have a Lian Li PC-70 which is a pretty big case for the pump.

Below I have the layout that i'm planning on using but because of the lack of power by the pump ( 26 GPH ) I'm not sure which will be the best position for it.

ThermaltakeBigWaterSE.jpg
[/IMG]

As you can see I am considering 2 choices for the pump placement.
1. Is in the mid section of the case almost next to the water block.
2. Will at the bottom/rear of the case (but i dont know if the power will really become an issue if the pump is to push the water from way down there

BTW, Sorry for the cheap looking layout (did my best with "PAINT" LOL)

I would like to get some opinions & suggestions from some of you watercooling pros out there as I'd like to get the best performance possible out of the little pump :)

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my thread!

Last edited:
I don't think the pump's placement will really matter.
Any "extra effort" it makes rising up to the radiator is made up for by the gravity assist it gains coming down.

That said, shorter tube length is better.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Since you guys suggested that i should keep the shortest length possible that's what i'm going to do for now.

Trolian: I did have a DangerDen kit while back which i had taking out becuase i had air in the system and them never put it back. Now I got this kit as a Xmas present and i just want to use it rather than have it there seatin on the floor.
I did contact the guys at www.frozencpu.com and they told me to get the Swiftech MCP655 and a pair of 3/8 to 1/4 reducers which i might ended up doing within the next 2 weeks.

I'm limited to the amount of money i can spend now, so I'll just upgrade the pump now and maybe later get a better radiator/fan and a better cpu block.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to read/reply to my thread!!!

Back