• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

generec host process error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samuknow

I reinstalled my system over the weekend, which I do about every 3-6 months, and I have a problem that I have never had before. After turning on my system and getting on the internet I get this popup error and IE crashes. I can go right back to where I was ans all is well . This is quite annoying. I have setup up windows 100's of times and never had this problem.

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Any help?????

redduc900 said:
Check your system for the blaster worm, viruses, spyware, trojans, etc.

It is a brand new install and I ran virus check several times as well as pest patrol for spyware......

If you haven't already, download the blaster removal tool from Symantec and run it...

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

...and make sure to disable System Restore beforehand. You didn't mention whether you had Internet connectivity directly after the install, so I'm just assuming you did. It might also be helpful to know which OS you're running. If you're running either XP or W2K, open Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs, and check for any critical errors)...Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click any error message(s) (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Paste a couple of the latest critical error messages (after using the 'Copy' button in the Event Properties window) in this thread.

Also, open the System Information tool by typing msinfo32 in the Run box | Expand "Components" | Highlight "Problem Devices", and look for any problems that might be listed there.

Last edited:
Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module msxml3.dll, version 8.50.2162.0, fault address 0x0000a0a1.

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module wininet.dll, version 6.0.2900.2753, fault address 0x0000bea0.

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module wininet.dll, version 6.0.2900.2753, fault address 0x0000bea0.

Problem devices are blank

XP Pro SP 2. I install SP2 right after the install. I have with all SP installs and never had a problem

samuknow said:
I reinstalled my system over the weekend, which I do about every 3-6 months, and I have a problem that I have never had before. After turning on my system and getting on the internet I get this popup error and IE crashes. I can go right back to where I was ans all is well . This is quite annoying. I have setup up windows 100's of times and never had this problem.

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Any help?????

It's also possible that your processor OC isn't stable. Have you checked for that already?

My cpu has been running at this speed for a long time and never a glitch. This just started after this last install. Is there a new update for IE that I may have downloaded?

This just happened again immediatly after rebooting.........

samuknow said:
My cpu has been running at this speed for a long time and never a glitch. This just started after this last install. Is there a new update for IE that I may have downloaded?

Try clocking it back to stock clocks anyway, it's just something to eliminate.

If the post above doesn't work, then run memtest86, or similar, and check the hdd for errors. It sound like part of those files are corrupted.

Running stock now. Have scanned for errors several times as well as defragged, virus scan, and adware scanned. Ran memtest and nothing. I was actually gaming for about an hour or so @ OC speeds and all is fine. I guess it is possible I just gat a bad install. I really do not want to format and reinstall again.

Ok, I reinstalled the OS and all the associated crap short of SP2. All seems well. I will install SP2 and see what happens from there.......

Back