• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Passive Project (mostly passive)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Perium

Ive been water cooling for about 2 yrs now with a radiator and 2x 120mm fans. I was getting tired of all the fans and noise. I got a 78quart tub and filled it half way with water and ran a water loop with no fans or radiators. I wanted to OC my graphics card and the normal 9800 heatsink wasn't working. I strapped a stock AMD throughbred heatsink to it and an 80mm fan. I have the fan on 5v. Soon after my sound started skipping and I checked my southbridge and it was on fire. I figured since I was gonna be messing with the graphics card again I would just go ahead and get a gpu block from danger den. I just hooked it up and heatsinked my mosfets/southbridge. Now all that's needed to run my PC is a 5v 80mm fan on the northbridge. My case also has 2x 120mm fans and I cant hear them either.

I have some pics posted on my gallery website.
http://gallery.nizick.com/main.php?...&g2_itemId=5760

If anyone has any suggestions id be glad to hear them

bartsimsonii said:
Hmm im thinking some components on air some on water.

Northbridge/Hardrives are the only things on air.

The tub is filled with just plain water, have had any buildup on any componets. Im allergic to something in anti-freeze, i found out when i was using it my first time.

Anyone have any ideas for a good northbridge block? Any suggestions from the pics you see?

Back