• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Media palyer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nolife

Registered
Ok, I just got a iriver PMC-120 which syncs up with windows media player. in the library of the windows media player there is a section called tv, I have tv shows from the TIVO that I have converted to avi and cut the commercials, but they show up in the video part of the media library not the tv. How can i get the shows to show up in the TV section. I was thinking it may have to do with converting files to dvr-ms but I do not know and also I was not able to find a converter to convert to dvr-ms How can I add those tv shows to the tv shows section of windows media player?

Have you tried to associate the .avi extension with recorded TV? It would also put any movies that are in avi format in with the TV, but it would probably work.

I bet the problem is that due to all this DRM stuff MS wants you to keep the recorded TV unedited, converted, etc. Then it knows about that format and will limit what you can do with it. Similiar to how when you download music (legally, like iTunes) it will be in a format recognizable only to that particular player.

How would i do that? I don't have a tv tuner or windows media center

Last edited:
Back