• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Media player dissatisfaction in Win 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
Being primarily a Linux user I've come to appreciate the ease and "intuitiveness" of the open source media players available, such as VLC ,Rhythmbox and Parole. My wife's laptop has Win 10, as Zoom works more stably in Win 10 than in Linux. She like to listen to music while she quilts, Windows media player nowadays seems so not intuitive, am I going to have to book a stay at Redmond,Wa. to have my brain reprogrammed, or is there a fn master's degree course I have to take?

You mentioned VLC for Linux. If you are used to it, there is VLC for Windows too.
I did install VLC which is normally my go-to media player. Perhaps the Windows version is different in some way, but there were problems finding the audio files...probably my fault as I'm not familiar with Windows file system navigation, which changed after XP.

Got Foobar installed, everything works so naturally and smooth! (y)

I uploaded all our music to Amazon 5 years ago and my wife can have it play on Alexa Echo. Great if you need voice control. She can play my daughters music through it when she wants. We do need a Prime account.

Back