• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win 10 media player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
If you can't find media player in win 10

Press Windows key + R
Type: optionalfeatures.exe
Hit Enter
Expand Media features
Uncheck Windows Media Player
Click OK
Restart.

Press Windows key + R
Type: optionalfeatures.exe
Hit Enter
Expand Media features
Check Windows Media Player
Click OK
Restart
Icon will appear in program menu

Windows 10 is a right royal PITA about "features" that have been standard for generations of M$ OS. Between greed and some ridiculously misguided "monopoly" lawsuits, idiots inside and outside of M$ have unknowingly conspired to eff Windows up almost beyond recognition. I'm still waiting for MC (but not holding my breath).

I wouldn't worry much with win 10, I still use it, only because I have to be compatible with others.
wait a generation or two of computing, we'll be out of it, either me and you will die or it will go to computing as a service, all they'll have is a phone and everything else will be done "in the cloud" then they can charge you for every little thing, would you like sprinkles cuppy cake?, that will be an extra 2 dollars.
look at animation rendering, lots of it being subbed out to render farms.

Nah, I was ranting about computing as a service. Totally separate from W10. Unless you consider...or look at...and then the...
Hmm. I see your point. :D

Why not use Media Player Classic instead, much lighter on the system and the amount of customization this thing has is insane :thup: have used it for many years and haven't had an issue with it yet (Alaric i would agree with you and add something but E_D hasn't yelled at me for a while and i would like to keep the trend going) :

https://mpc-hc.org/

My TV tuner card only works with Media Center or the kludgy software the mauf. provides (It's awful) Media players are a dime a dozen (less, actually) from VLC and all the rest. I like Media Player because it plays everything, and it's already in Winders, don't need to add anything. I'm already considering the reinstall/week of updates/weed out the telemetry/week of game downloading process because I have way too many programs on my SSD I can probably do without.

I actually like windows media player, my entire music collection is organized and managed with media player, it's one of the few things I choose to use from microsoft.
I've used it long enough that I know some of the ins and outs of it and, it works.

Back