• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me finalize my setup, couple of questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

computerpro3

Well, I'm aiming to install this next weekend, so I have a few questions that perhaps someone could help me with.

This is how the setup is looking right now:

Silverstone TJ07 Case (already purchased)
Cathar Silver Storm G5 (already purchased)
Thermochill PA120.3 (already purchased)
3x 120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12
Silverprop Cyclone FusionHL GPU block with OCZ copper ramsinks
2x Aqua Xtreme 50Z-DC12's
Dangerden Expert Maze4 Chipset (please don't say "don't cool chipset", I hate that damn fan)
20FT MasterKleer 7/16ID 5/8 OD tubing

My first question is regarding a res/t-line. I absolutley love the look of the AC aquabay, however the drop down to their stupid small tubing size really ****es me off. Is there anything that even remotley looks like that? If not, anything that looks more classy than a typical bayres? My goal here is for an ultra clean, ultra quiet, ultra performance setup that's classy looking. I also would prefer not to have a T-line because it adds more tubing inside of the case (detracts from clean look imho). So any suggestions on a res?

My next question is regarding tubing and water color. In my last watercooling setup, I used Dtek's uv green dye with clearflex tubing. Big mistake; the tubing ended up massivly stained to the point where you couldnt tell if there was even any water left inside.

This is the exact color I'm going for

http://coolermaster.imageinfinity.com/Liquid_Cooled_IMG_0287.jpg

How should I achieve that without staining the tubing?

My last question is somewhat related to the above: as far as the actual soultion inside the tubes goes, what should I use for my setup? I have heard all sorts of differeing opinions and am confused to the point of utter beffudlement. I have silver, copper, and brass inside of my loop, so I believe I haev to use some sort of anti-corrosive. But then I heard that this will clog the jets of my storm.....what should I use while still maintaining that color above?

I would really appreciate any help here; I really want this setup to turn out jawdropping. Can't do it without your help

Last edited:
Flip-Mode said:
Whats an AC aquabay? If you can provide a pic I could suggest something similar.
For a coolant 10-15% of Antifreeze will prevent corossion.

you know, the aqua computer res that mounts in the 2 5.25 bays....

The reason I'm leery of antifreeze is because I heard it is too thick for my storm g5 and that it will clog the jets...

Ahh I see...being the WC noob I am...where can I obtain some of this UV Paint :)

Back