• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two Panaflo 120x38mm Ultra High Speed Fans at 5v and 7v???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seufari

Hey, I have installed my new watercooling setup and was wondering if my fans would do well enough. I have two Panaflo 120x38mm Ultra High Speed fans pulling air through a double heatercore. I have volt modded the fans to 5v and 7v. I need to know if this is going to be enough air. I am very pleased with the noise levels now, but need to know if this is going to provide enough cooling.
So what do you guys think?

Test it, you can do it better than we! Just look at the temperatures and system stability. Even temperatures don't metter that much (don't know about long term effects of too high temperature, though) if the system is stable all the time.

What's in the rest of your system? That should do a fantastic job, but you need to provide more information on your setup to get a concrete answer. I run a overclocked winchester and x800xt off a single 120x25mm at 7 volts.

What kind of blocks do you have? what kind of pump? tubing ID? what heat load?

I have the following

DD TDX
DD D4 Pump
1/2" tubing

I am only cooling an Opteron 146 at 2.74 right now, but I plan to add my 7800gt when it arrives. Because this setup is so new, I am unsure on just how much it raised my temps, but I'd say about 2-6 degrees worth. I boot up around 32 C and it raises to 34-36 C after a bit, 40+ C under load.

I'd really like to run both at 7v but that doesnt seem possible for some reason. My PSU wont start up with them both plugged in at 7v.

Right now it is really quiet so I think I am going to leave it for now. If, after I add the 7800gt to the loop, it does'nt cool enough, then I may invest in some other fans. But who knows...

You should have no trouble cooling that opty and 7800 at all with that. Being that they are ultra high speed fans, I would imagine that undervolted they probably are running at about the same CFM or so of lower speed fans at 12v. There is a point of diminishing returns where extra air does not equate to much more cooling. For instance, I used to run a BIXIII with 6 fans in a push/pull setup. I found that the difference in CPU temps between running them at 7v vs. 12 volts was only about 2-3c. And to me that was definitely not worth the noise of putting up with them at 12v.

Only way to know, is to test it out. If you always want more cooling pump 12V into those badboys :)

Back