• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Vista / DX10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SunTzu69

When do you believe that these will become the norm for the highest gaming performance rigs? Does mid-2007 sound right as a good time to upgrade our video cards based on these developments?

Thanks

DX10 seems not the best currently. Just an atempt to force people to go Vista. All the demos for it are running dx9. Do you see Sony demoing PS3 content on the PS2, no.

MS isnt even sure they will have the retail Vista out begining of next year. I wouldnt expect any adoption of Vista/DX10 till sometime in 2008. I certainly have no plan to go to vista until XP support stops or so many DX10 games come out that I dont have a choice. Still chances are worse case scenario I will be forced to go to Vista and DX10 sometime in 2008/2009

HOw long did it take for true DX9 games to come out after DX9 came out ?

i would say more like 2008 for full true DX10 games to be out in plentiful amounts.

Back